When we first started planning our wedding we decided that we wanted it to be simple, romantic and handmade. My Mum suggested that we have petal confetti and very kindly offered to make it for us! So she set about collecting rose petals and bluebells from her garden and her friends volunteered plenty too. It turned out beautifully!
If you would like petal confetti for your wedding but aren’t getting married in the summer then you can simply pick the flowers when they bloom and store them away until your wedding! Here are my Mum’s top tips :
- Make sure the petals are dry, with no dew or moisture.
- Spread the petals out on trays to dry out properly.
- You can pop some in the microwave for short bursts to dry them out also.
- The bluebells dried out best in a metal tray under my parents’ wood burner.
- Store them somewhere dark in airtight containers.
Happy confetti making!
Photographs by the fantastic Antony Turner!